Friday, May 29, 2009

May...good riddance.

May is almost over...phew. This month has just been...something else. Andy has surprised me with a date night tomorrow night though, so I'm really looking forward to that. My dear cousin, Teresa, has graduated from college and is home for the Summer...she's coming over tomorrow to see the babies before they head to bed, and then we'll head out once they are asleep. Yay! I don't even know what to do with myself...where to go, what to do?! I don't think we've been out together since early April. It snowed that night.

*****

So, as usual, there are funny "Ethanisms" to share...

A few weeks ago, during a particularly gross diaper-change, I must have made a face because Ethan asked, "Are you sad Mommy?" I replied that I wasn't. Then he asked, "Are you mad at my poop?"

Ethie was being goofy after bathtime a few nights ago and while I was getting him into his pajamas I said, "You're crazy"...and he said, "I ammmmmm!"

This child has a memory like a trap. Ethan is very big into pointing out mistakes. I step on his hand (see previous post); I try to put a baby diaper on him; I spill a glass of juice...and he says, "Mommy made me a mistake"...this is an improvement from the first version, "Mommy made me a steak"...Every time Mommy "makes him a mistake" he talks about how Gramma Nana made him a mistake and drove her car into the snowbank....way back in March!!

Ethan loves to cook, and no matter what we are cooking, he announces, "We need the oil!"

I made the boys some fleece blankets for Easter and Ethan didn't like his. In fact, he declared something like, "Actually, I don't like it very much. I will put it on the floor at the bottom of my bed"...and it stung. Now, he wants his blanket at bedtime, and he wants it to be the first one put on top of him. I feel special.

Ethan is strong and when he says, "I'm going to hug/kiss you as hard as I can" he really means it!

Today, Ethan went to the arboretum with Gamma and friends. The plans to go were made a few days ago so we'd been talking about it with Ethan. It was interpreted as going to get a burrito. "Burrito"/"Arboretum"...Tomato/Tomahto...whatever. I heard he was pretty confused about not getting a burrito at the arboretum today.

"Suncream"...we wear it everyday.

Box Elder bugs...otherwise known as "soldier" bugs.

******

I need to take pictures of the baptism frames. I haven't hung them (or rather, requested that Andy hang them) yet because I don't want to put more holes in the walls before I do the room-swap because I will just have to puddy them up before painting. But at the rate I'm going with the planning for the room-swap, I might as well just hang them. Anyways, I'll post pictures of them soon...until then, here are the pictures I used for each of them. The frames also feature the baptism certificates, the church service program, and the baptism cloths. Dylan's and Owen's aren't shadow boxes like Ethan's so I couldn't get the baptism candle inside...I'm thinking about gluing on top, maybe?


Owen Gene Sandberg and his Great-Grandpa, Gene Schrader


Mommy lovin' up on Dylan...I really can't get enough of his cheeks.

1 comment:

Cecily said...

Hil, you look so beautiful in the pictures with Dylan! Hope June is an easy, fun month for you. Enjoy the night out with Andy!