Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10 months

Ethan & Owen

Dylan on the move. Next time I'll set the camera to the setting for sports or something...he is FAST! He reminds me of somebody else when they were 10 months old....oh, tear.


ROAR!!!

Owen is as sweet as a lamb, and roars like a lion.



I meant to post last week...on Thursday...but you know, time gets away from me.

Last Thursday, my BABIES were 10 months old. Suddenly, their babyhood is slipping away from me, and fast. Officially, they aren't toddlers until 12 months, but it doesn't feel like there are any babies in this house anymore. We have boys....toddler (and preschool!) boys!! Some things get easier as they grow up, and I appreciate that, but all of sudden their first year is going WAY too fast for me. Earlier in the year, it was all, "I can't wait until x month because then they'll probably sleep through the night", "I can't wait until x month because then they will smile and laugh", "I can't wait until x month because then they will be able to play with Ethan"...and now I'm trying to flashback to those middle-of-the-night feedings because then they were so little and it was just me and them, in the quiet, snuggling over a bottle in the middle of the night...and I miss it.

Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE this stage. I love the giggles, the hugs, the absolute amazement in their expressions when they discover something new.

Dylan is a cruising crawler. He has been pulling himself up for awhile too, and every so often, he'll free stand. I'm sure he'll walk before his first birthday, if not yet this month. He is super physical, wants to climb up everything, pull on everything...he has super-human strength...for a 10-month old.

Owen is still army-crawling, but he's incredibly fast...like a snake, really. He's so limber and graceful. He gives the best hugs. He's comfortable doing his own thing when his brothers are demanding more attention...but then he'll slither his way over to you and pull himself up and give you the biggest hug...he's too sweet.

Both of them are SO vocal. Yelling, singing, babbling...and Owen roars...it's awesome, and fitting because he's going to be a lion for Halloween. Dylan is going to be a monkey.

Ethan is enjoying preschool and got his school pictures back today. Gramma Leslie and I were skeptical that they would turn out well. Not that Ethan isn't incredible handsome, but when asked to smile for a picture, he gets kinda goofy. I thought we'd get some crazy smirk, but the pictures were just wonderful! He's even smiling in the class picture. Just as Gramma and I were admiring the pictures and I commented on how I was going to keep all 10 pages for the $70, Ethan spilled on them. Gramma kept me very calm, and we dabbed them off and let them dry flat and I think they are saved!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the expressions on the boys' faces! You can just see the personality that each of them has. Time really does fly - whether you are having fun or not!