Saturday, December 12, 2009

Feliz Cumpleaños niños

"A" here.

?Por que es el titulo en español?

Well, when reflecting on life's noteworthy milestones, I often reflect on the genesis of our little familia. Anyone who was around us while H & I each ventured to South America back in Jan 2000 probably has a feel for the transformation we have had. Not to say we were worse people back then, that is for the rest of you to say. I will just say we are different now, and yes, probably for the better.

So the opportunity to reflect in this post has been brought to you by Owen & Dylan. Babies, no mas. That's right, we have toddlers. Tuesday was their first birthday, and we will never have a "baby" again. That is an odd thing to think about. At my old age of 30, up until now there have been so many firsts, and this is a last. I can't help but think how fast it has gone since that very first awkward moment of waiting for the results of the first home-pregnancy test. It's cool though, cuz' we have 3 perfect and healthy kids, a gift that very few get to experience. They just no longer happen to fit the infant category.

Enough with the sappy Daddy talk, and on to the good stuff. Here is the terrible twosome, 1 year old. Of course, H baked a cake. That's what good mommas do.



There are rules people, and one of them is you let the babies eat the cake, I don't care how healthy you try to be. Just give the kid(s) the damn cake.


So this is where I am in life. I first met H in October of 1999. 10 years, 3 boys, and zero regrets. My family, circa December 2009. Hasta Luego.


2 comments:

Louvuhl M said...

What a nice blog! I remember Hil and I having lunch at the France Ave Perkins (aka the CP) before her trip to Ecuador and telling her that this experience could likely seriosly change her life. It certainly did in a most wonderful way. A great husband, 3 beautiful children, a wonderful extended family....We are SO happy to have you in our family too! :> We are all truly blessed.

Kristy said...

I love the gated Christmas tree in the background! The boys, who are boys and not babies, are just too cute with that cake! Hope to see you guys soon!