Saturday, July 25, 2009

And people ask me how I do it...this is why...


Dylan - Reminding me so much of his big brother, Ethan, in looks at least, but he is such his own person. Always giving us that huge grin with his mouth wide open...he is SO happy (though high-maintenance too!)...D is on the move...rolling everywhere and is up on his hands and knees, rocking. I give him 2 weeks before he starts to crawl.



Owen - This little angel is baby-Mommy's doppelganger, though less feminine and with less curly hair! (according to Gramma Nana). Owen is less physical than Dylan, but is such a sweetheart. Sometimes I catch him just starting at me, and when we make eye contact, his face just beams into a smile. He's our "thinker" I think, busy taking it all in. I think he'll be first to talk.

My heart is about to burst, I'm in so much love right now. Ethan is off at Byerly's with Daddy, picking up some food for grilling tonight. Owen, Dylan and I were on our own for bedtime...nothing too different than the norm, but typically I don't get to dedicate myself to them because Ethan is here too, and he's high-energy at all times. We had fun. Dylan got up on all 4's and Owen stuck the entire head of the seal on the exersaucer in his mouth...both challenging feats!

D had his bedtime bottle first...he was so tired, but never wants to miss a minute so he was fighting off the yawns. He started singing to me while I carried him upstairs slowly. So sweet. I laid him down in bed without a peep from him. He pulled his blanket over his head, as usual, and that was that. Minutes ago, I checked on him as I laid Owen down...he had flipped over on his tummy, his blanket underneath him, so I laid another one on top...he stirred and open his eyes, smiled at me, and then went back to sleep. Oh my God.

Owen was singing his sleepy song too, so then I gave him his bottle. He fell fast asleep in my arms. I wasn't in any rush to lay this sweet sleeping baby down, so I went into Ethan's room and we sat and rocked...I admit, I drifted off a bit too...I remember doing this with Ethan in the evenings...and as the mom of an almost 3-year-old, I know these moments don't come as often when they turn into big boys...I knew Andy and Ethan would be home any minute...and Ethan always announces himself loudly, so eventually I decided to put Owen down in his crib. I tucked him in, laid another blanket on Dylan and just took a minute to look at both of my sleeping babies. I'm prone to crying easily, but wouldn't you?!

*****

I have pages and pages of "Ethanisms" that I need to blog about...I can't keep up with the funny, and downright intelligent, things that he says. Liz and Gamma Leslie are very good about documenting things throughout the day...and I catch a lot on the weekends/evenings. I don't have a lot of 2-year-olds to compare to, but I'm pretty sure his vocabulary is off the charts...especially for a child with no older siblings...seriously. His latest that makes me laugh is "Mommy, come here quickly!" The way he says "quickly" is like "quickIly"...pretty cute.


Shout out to Grampa Dode...Happy Birthday, Daddy!

No comments: