Friday, July 10, 2009

Post-its

A couple Ethanisms from multiple post-its on my desk that I am sick of looking at, although they make me giggle every time...

Gramma was mixing up mush (baby cereal)...she and Ethan were talking about the old lady that says hush (Goodnight Moon...bowl of mush, old lady saying hush), and Ethan asked, "Is my Mommy the old lady?" Ouch.

Also that day, he asked Gramma, "Does Mommy like beer?" And with that, I am done drinking in front of the kids...ever. I think something similar once happened to Grampa Pete with Ethan's own Daddy asking something similar to that question.

Some mornings Ethan will get dressed and talk about his "morning t-shirt, morning shorts, morning socks and mornings pull-ups"...but then just the other night before he and Daddy went to run an errand before dinner, I asked him to change his shirt and he went running off to get his "morning shirt"...it didn't really make sense anymore at that time.

Overheard by Gramma....

"I have a cookie for you if you can pee for me"...I'm not sure about the context here, but I'm assuming he was just thinking he was too busy to pee for himself.

"I took a big poop because I was strong"...no explanation needed.

Clarification on my last post...

I figured Daddy's "funny beard" was because he was shaving off parts of his face at a time and so it looked funny, but Andy told me later that he had a beard full of shaving cream and that's what Ethan thought was funny...ha!

No comments: