Tuesday, September 8, 2009

9 months!


In Ethan's "car"...
Ethan, Dylan, Owen


Owen & D...you can see Dylan's teeth


Dylan making his great escape...if it weren't for that head....he'd have made it! Yikes!

I can't keep up with this blogging thing...or anything else for that matter...here are some recent
Ethanisms/updates...

"Mommy, it's really hard for me to wait for my birthday to come to my house. Then we can eat cake with big red balls on it. Emily and Lauren will be there...Cec & Chris will be there. And some other people will be at my birthday too." The same type of sentence was used prior to our trip to Louisville..."Mommy, it's really hard for me to wait for the airplane to come to my house and take us to Louisville to see Gramma Nana and Grampa Dode"

E: "Did I come to you?"
H: "You did, you came to me the day you were born. You were in my tummy, and then you came out"
E: "Did I not like it in your tummy?"
Guessing from his 8-week early arrival, I'm guessing he did not like it in my tummy...so sad.

Playing "car" with the play-tent...
"Cooperate, Dylan!"
"I have one bad thing in my car and it's Dylan"
"Dylan is making his way out of the car. Go back in, Dylan"
Poor Dylan...he really got picked on this day. While Ethan is typically very lovey with his baby brothers, I think this is a glimpse of days to come...

"Is that potty automatic?"...Wow. At he airport this past weekend, he was fascinated with everything that is automatic...sinks, hand-dryers, potties...though most of it either doesn't work, or is too overactive!

While on a walk...
Gramma Leslie: "Ethan, can you talk to Linnea?"
Ethan: "Hi Linnea, what's your deal?"

Also on a walk...
Liz: "Ethan, I think you should push and I should ride in the stroller"
Ethan: "Um, Liz, you are not funny"

After watching the "Arthur" episode where they go visit Francine's dad's job in the dump, I asked Ethan if he knew what his Mommy and Daddy's jobs were. I asked "What does Daddy do?" and Ethan said, "My Daddy grinds up coffee" Ha!

*****

Dylan and Owen are 9 months today. Wow! I can't believe it. They are so interactive and involved with all of us now. They love to look at each other and laugh and smile...and oh my gosh, do they love their older brother!!

Dylan is crawling really well now and has two teeth. Owen is up and rocking, but still content to roll to his destination. He just popped his first tooth while Ethan and I were out of town this past weekend in Louisville. There are now two on the bottom!

There's been some effort to hold his own bottle by Owen...we're practicing with sippy cups with handles, and they can more or less use the 6-oz bottles when they aren't filled all the way up...I think the issue is more the weight than the ability to hold it and bring it to their mouths. That will be an exciting day!

They are doing this little tongue-clicking thing lately...if I do it, they will mimic me and they think it is hilarious. Little bushmen in practice.

We've demoted the exersaucer and jumparoo to the garage. We have 3 walkers on the main floor of the house, and Andy just washed off the playpen gates this morning from their storage spot in the shed. Once those are clean, we'll be able to block off the living room which is completely child-proof, from the kitchen and dining room, which are also child-proof but just a little more prone to trouble. Dylan recently slid himself through the bottom of the baby gate to the stairs leading downstairs, and was only stopped by his large melon. It happened so quick...one second he was in the middle of the living room and the next second....?....there he was...wedged into the gate.

We need to dig the crib-tent out of storage as well, and hopefully find another one on craigslist so we don't have to fork over $70 for another one for the second crib...Owen is getting his legs stuck through the slats pretty much every time he's in there...despite the mesh-bumper. I think he's waking up prematurely because of it, and we need all the sleep we can get!

D & Owen are eating all sorts of combinations of food now...chicken and veggie puree, pasta puree, etc...but I've given up on making my own. Time is at a premium, and I have none. Seriously, there is not enough time for everything I need or want to do...such is life. But when there is time to do anything, I don't want to be in the kitchen cooking and pureeing. So, we're paying the price for organic jarred baby foods. Now that the babies are popping teeth, hopefully we can move on to some "real" foods soon.

*****

Next post will be devoted to Ethan and all of his amazing-ness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boys are just adorable and getting so big, so fast (like I need to tell you that!) Blogging can wait . . . enjoy the kids!