Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ethan says...

Ethan came to sit next to me the other day when I was feeding Dylan and said in the sweetest voice I have ever heard, "Look at his pretty eyes!"

Great Grandma Liz was in town for a couple days earlier in the week. Gamma Leslie, Great Gma Liz and Ethan went to the store and when they were done shopping, since it was cold out, Gamma and Ethan walked to the car in the parking lot and Great Gma waited at the door of the store. On the way out to the car, Ethan worried out loud, "I lost my udder Grandma!"

We read "Where the Wild Things Are" every night. Ethan calls it "Where are you wild things?"

Last night I was in the bathroom with Ethan as he was playing in the bath. I was looking in the mirror and from the bathtub, seeing two of me, Ethan said "Hi mommy! Hi udder Mommy!"

Ethan loves his blankets and will carry a bunch of them around, especially right after waking up in the morning or right after waking from naptime. He will bring them around the room and tell people to "Put your chin on it, it's softy"

Ethan likes to call me "softy" too...it's usually when he's touching my clothes, so I try not to assume he's talking about my post-partum softness. He also calls me "big." But the other day we were making dinner together and he was in his Learning Tower and doing a little dance saying "Ethan's skinny"...then he said "Mommy's skinny, mommy's skinny" and I said "Shout it from the rooftop, Ethan!" and he said "MOMMY'S SKINNY! MOMMY'S SKINNY!"...I heart him.

"Goodnight Moon" is another one of our bedtime books. Ethan and I were at school last Wednesday...the moms meet and discuss a topic for an hour first while the kids play in another room with a few teachers, and then we all play together afterwards. One of the teachers will come in at the end of the hour and talk about what they did when we were separated. They read "Goodnight Moon" together and she looked at me and asked if we read this a lot because Ethan helped lead the story...the teacher asked them where the mouse was in every picture and Ethan did it with lightning speed, even on the last page, when the teacher couldn't find it.

Gamma, Ethan and I were talking about birthday cakes the other day and Gamma asked Ethan what kind of cake he wanted for his 3rd birthday. He said "A green cake." Gamma asked if he wanted dinosaurs on his cake and he said, "No, just big red balls"...I think this either means red frosting balloons or red hots. The "big red balls" on the Christmas cookies were really red hots...but he also pointed out "big red balls" in our pepper grinder. I told Andy about this tonight so he asked Ethan a bunch of times what he wanted on his cake...."Do you want puppies on your green cake?"..."NO! Just big red balls!"..."Do you want trucks on your green cake?"..."NO! Just big red balls!"...so he's pretty adamant about it.

He's so cute.

2 comments:

Cecily said...

That entry made me laugh many times!

So Ethan has his equivalent to my childhood blanket Sam. How sweet of him to let you feel the softness of his blanket.

Maybe I'll be in town for Ethan's 3rd birthday and can make him a cake with big red balls :)

Carol-Sutarooni said...

I love hearing about your life.