Monday, February 16, 2009

Updates with bullet points...lucky you!


Pic 1: Crib disaster in the morning...they're in there...see Dylan's foot on the left.
Pic 2: 9 weeks (last week!) Owen on the left, and D on the right.

Bullet points!

*Ethan knows lots of names of people in his family. He knows his own first, middle and last name too...but says it like this...Ethan Donald Sandberg Toystore. We were talking about his full name and his trip to the toy store with Gamma in the same afternoon and apparently they meshed.

*I got my cross-stitch for Dylan and Owen framed. It's beautiful. I dropped it off a week ago last Friday and he said it would take about a week and a half...but it was ready last Wednesday. Gampa Pete picked it up for me on his way up to Bloomington this past weekend so I didn't have to make another trip to Northfield. Andy's going to hang it in the boys' room today. I'm so happy with the way it turned out...so worth the money. I will post a picture once it's on the wall.

*We had our first night out, overnight, away from the babies last Friday night. We went to a wedding. Gamma Leslie and Gampa Pete stayed over...so awesome of them! Recently I had written on my Facebook status that I "needed to party...bad." Let's just say that I no longer feel that way.

*Today is our first day trying out the new nipples. The boys have seemed pretty pissed off during feedings lately and our theory is that they are having to work too hard to get the formula. We have done two feedings today with the fast nipples, which are listed for ages 3 months + (the boys are 10 weeks today, 4 adjusted). So far they are doing well on them...just a little spitting up, which is typical for them. They are making a serious mess drooling some out while they are eating, but I think it's just the adjustment of getting used to the new flow. They seem to be more relaxed during feedings and it cuts the feeding time in half.

*Today is our last day of Enfamil before we move on to Target brand. Actually, the last big bottle (we make 24oz at a time) I made had two scoops of the Target brand in it. I hope that changing formulas and nipple flows on the same day isn't a big deal. No problems so far.

*Last night we took the inclined sleep positioners out of the crib. We were waking up to find Dylan and Owen in some interesting positions all around the crib (see above)...feet through the slats, completely unswaddled from their blankets and under their top blanket (this blanket was a very light cotton, so breathable...don't you worry!...we used it to try and secure them in place in their sleep positioner and to keep the swaddle in place...it never worked), parallel to the crib slats (we were putting them next to each other the short way...this will have to change soon because they are LONG!!). This morning I found them just how I had left them after the 5am feeding. Tonight I think we'll try to sleep sacks instead of swaddling.

*Dylan and Owen seem to be falling into somewhat of a routine at night...we at least have some idea of what to expect. We are putting them to bed around 6-8. They sleep until about 11-1. Then sleep again until about 4-6. It's not terrible...until I go back to work, I get up for the unattractive 4-6 feeding and Andy does the late night 11-1 one. He is typically up that late anyways. We still have no schedule for naps, but I have been trying to get them to nap in their crib. They are sleeping there at night, but during the day are just sleeping wherever...swings, boppy pillows, bouncy chairs, on me. I'm trying to get the morning nap more routine around 9-10, and they are doing ok on the afternoon nap already...typically around 1-2, which is when Ethan naps. The other day we had all 3 boys napping at the same time for about 2 hours...did I nap? No. I cleaned. I'm not smart.

*Dylan has a goopy eye. Not sure what else to call it. I first noticed it around the time they all had their colds, but it has not gone away. His left eye just waters all the time...sometimes not as bad, but sometimes worse and it's more goopy than watery. I told Andy I was going to google it, but he told me not to do it for it was sure to come up with eye cancer or something. All I can think of is the movie "Ray"...when he started to go blind. A couple weeks ago I thought D had pyloric stenosis and he totally doesn't, so call me an over-reactor or whatever...but they're my kids!! Of course, I totally forgot to put this on my list of questions for the pediatrician last week...I may call.

*I just got approval from my boss to work Tuesdays and Thursdays from home. I am so excited to have this flexibility. That means that two days of the workweek I won't have to run around like a crazy person in the morning trying to get all presentable for the office while juggling 3 kids...nor will I have to plan for the crazy morning the night before. Being able to monitor loads of laundry while I'm working at my office in the basement is also an added bonus. I might, however, have to move my office to the guest bedroom at some point as Ethan really likes to play in the basement since we've moved some of his toys down there. We'll figure it out...for now, he'll still have M/W/F when I'm at the office. I head back to work full-time on March 2nd. I have lots of emotions about this, but at least with this maternity leave I can be happy that I actually got to take a full 12 weeks of leave after their birth.

2 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

It might be an overactive tear duct. Worth checking with your pediatrician, but if it is, a little massaging of the inside of his eye several times a day will help clear it up faster. (Can you tell we had one? It still acts up from time-to-time, but Alexis mostly outgrew it about two years ago.)

I can't believe how big they have gotten. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how mobile in their beds they can get at such a young age. Gavin is the same way, all over the place! If I didn't see Dylan's foot, I would have not known what I was looking at!

The twins are getting so big FAST and they are SO cute!!