Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random bits

Yesterday was February 1. I thought nothing was noteworthy about that date (besides it being the beginning of a new month...and a chance to start over on my "resolution") until I was getting ready to go to bed and remembered that this was the day that Deb was supposed to return to work from maternity leave. That realization sucked. I miss her, and think about her lots.

I'm so uplifting.

Moving on...

I'm working on a Christmas post, although it is SO ridiculously long that I might break it up into "Pre-Christmas Chaos", "Christmas Eve", "Christmas Day", and "Christmas 'Vacation'". It's February, is anyone even thinking about Christmas anymore? I mean, Christmas 2009?

One of Ethan's new phrases is "You know what?..." There's no pause, he just keeps going. And it's usually something incredibly fascinating, and hilarious.

Now that my organization system is up, I've received about 3 things in the mail. Ugh, catch 22...too much paperwork and no system, or no paperwork for a great system. Win some, lose some.

Ellie is becoming somewhat of a "family cat" at last. She is tolerating the kids and it's so great! I think she might have a little thing for Owen...I realize she's behind the safety of the gate in this picture, but she's really coming up to him and letting him pet her. Now, just a little caveat here...she's actually coming up to him when he's held by me...because she's kinda a Momma's girl, but still...she lets him pet her and he absolutely loves it!! Cutie pie.


There's an overdue post about D & Owen coming up also...they are changing SO much these days and I just can't keep up with everything!

1 comment:

Louvuhl M said...

I am so pleased that Ellie is coming into her own as family cat. How cute how she's interacting with dear O. :>

On a serious note, I think about your friend Deb often, especially when I see a young mom and her new baby. I know we've all heard the saying 'Life just isn't fair'. This sad event is a great example.

Thinking of you. THANK YOU for these wonderful blog entrie!

M :>