Saturday, June 20, 2009

All Ethanisms...

Gamma brought the boys to the zoo on Thursday and Grampa met up with them. There was some sort of deal going on where you could feed a giraffe so Ethan went up on Grampa's shoulders to feed the giraffe. He was not expecting to see the giraffe's black tongue and it made him cry. Later that night he was telling me about it...
"I cried at the Zoo when I saw the giraffe had a black tongue. You would cry too if you saw a giraffe."

Ethan and I were drawing a few nights ago and I suggested, "Why don't you draw Mommy"...and he said, "No, I will draw something else"

Last night it was raining and he declared, "There are big rain drops falling into my little pond"...it's what he calls his little pool.

"I will have the rest of my milk after I finish reading my email"...while reading an insert from the newspaper that Daddy gave him while he read the big newspaper at the table.

"My poop looks like a banana"...potty training is lots of fun. Ethan woke up dry this morning!! Now he wants to go on the big potty instead of his potty chair. We need to get one of those little seats so we don't have to hold him to keep him from falling in!

This is funniest if you know me well. I was writing something down the other day and Ethan came up to me and asked, "Are you going to make a list?"...I love to make lists...my son knows me so well.

"I will push you out of the house"...this is Ethan's new thing. He wants people to stand in the doorway with the door open and then he'll push you out. I'm not sure where that started, but he wants to do it every time now.

A few nights ago I needed some snuggle with Ethan after I finished working, and Andy had put him to bed, so I went in to lay on the floor (his self-chosen bed) with him for a bit. He asked me to stay there until "wake-time", but I told him I could only stay for a few minutes. He replied, "You will sleep here with me for a second under my blankie and then you will go downstairs"...these sentences...he continues to impress me!

"Um, um"....Now he says, "Um, um" a lot..."Um, um, Mommy...."...."Um, um, Daddy"...it's pretty funny.

"I want you. I want you, Mommy. I want you and you want me"...Sometimes "want" is replaced by "love", sometimes "need"...I just think this whole sequence is so funny.

Ethanism per Grampa Pete:
Upon getting nearly all of his little cars, tractors, and "motorcycles" into the shed, Ethan tried to close the door. He couldn't. I asked, What's wrong? He said, "I can't close this door because I have too many vehicles in there."
At least he's self-aware. He does in fact have too many vehicles.

"Owen sounds like a dying kitty"...just this morning he said this to me...Owen is "singing" a lot...he's really trying out his voice. He does NOT sound like a dying kitty, nor has Ethan ever heard a dying kitty, so I think Daddy fed him this comment.

Here's the background. A few nights ago our electricity went out right after Ethan went to bed. His fan turned off so I went in and opened the windows and explained to him why we couldn't turn his fan back on. Completely randomly...we were watching "Word Girl"...he said,
"The 'tricity went out. The power went out. The fresh air came in. The 'tricity came back in. The power came back in. My fan turned back on!" What a memory. "'tricity" means "electricity" for those who are not familiar with toddler speak.

Lots of other things going on and tons of new pictures to post...next time.

No comments: