Sunday, June 28, 2009

Garden time.

It's not much, right now...but we're working on sprucing it up...

I've only had this little plaque for over a month now, but we just painted it this morning!

We also painted our bird-feeder, which I've also had for about a month...

We hung Ethie's sign on the fence on the side of the garden that is designated as all Ethan's...all flowers, per his request!

We hung his bird-feeder on the tree right by the garden...

Ethan and I were outside painting before 8 this morning. Yesterday, when it was raining in the morning, I figured it would be the perfect day to work on this project. But it turns out you should prime before you paint with acrylic paints. So Daddy primed a few times yesterday and our bird-feeder and sign were ready to go this morning. I put aside my need for things to be "neat and pretty" and let him paint on his own. Basically, all I did was wash out the brush between colors...and you know what?! it turned out pretty anyways. Of course, I did the stencils for "Ethan's Garden", but that was it! My little Artist!

2 comments:

Louvuhl M said...

Love the blog and LOVE the adorable pictures!!! How fun!

the old man down the road said...

Ethan has been camping since painting, and he told me that he put bird seed in the feeder, and that birds would come by to say, "Thank you Ethan - thank you for our dinner!"

Who knew that the birds were so polite?