Monday, June 15, 2009

Stuff...and LOTS of pictures.

Ethan and Daddy at Canterbury on Belmont Stakes day

Ethan on the shed ramp on his"motorcycle"

I can't get over how beautiful Owen is...look at those eyes

Dylan's smile...Oh. My. God.

Solids...Give me that Banana!!

Owen doesn't know what to think...day one of solids with flavor

Cat in the Hat's buddies...in their birth order

Big enough for new toys...these are only two of them!

Dylan, Linnea and Owen...cousins. (Look at Dylan's chins!)

Ethan posing like a model at the park...

"Can someone come and get the bread out of my nose?"...after eating some bread one day.

Ethan on pooping..."It smells like a stinky plant!"

I should have followed him around with a piece of paper all weekend...so many things made me laugh out loud. After each I made a mental note to write that down as soon as I had the opportunity, because for sure I would remember something that funny...but in one ear and out the other...he's a funny kid though, and I am enjoying him immensely!

Big news in Ethan's world...he is doing SO great on the potty. Gamma told me he went the whole day dry today...just two pull-ups were used, because one was just a tad damp. He is now going pee AND poo on the potty. This is fabulous, though somewhat inconvenient as we readjust to making sure we remind him to go potty every so often, before we go anywhere, before we go outside, etc, etc. I plan to order a portable potty chair from my favorite catalog/website, One Step Ahead.

Owen and Dylan are amazing me every day. Dylan is rolling all around; pushing himself up from his tummy with his arms fully extended; jumping like crazy in the jumparoo; walking himself around in a walker; sitting up like a pro in the bumbo and pretty darn well inside a boppy pillow too; and is seriously obsessed with grabbing his toes. Owen must have heard me at the pediatrician when I answered the development questions the nurse asked me.

N: "Are they rolling?"
H: "Dylan is a lot, Owen has once or twice"
N: "Are they putting weight on their legs if you support them?"
H: "Dylan is, Owen not so much"
N: "Are they pushing up while laying on their front?"
H: "Dylan pushes up all the way, Owen crosses his arms in front of him"
etc
etc
etc

It's not that I was trying to bash my littlest man, but before last Thursday's appt, he just wasn't doing that stuff very much. But, oh my goodness....over the weekend, he started rolling all the time, and darnit if it isn't just the funniest thing in the whole world to him. He's started grabbing his feet and reaching for things out of his reach, and he can pretty much do the crab walk to scoot around while on his back. "I'll show you, Mommy!"...he must be thinking! I'm so proud! He's also "singing" a ton, although most of the time it's like nails on a chalkboard, but his little screeches are so funny, and I know he is just testing out his voice so he can start telling me he loves me...ha ha!

Speaking of telling me he loves me, Ethan is such a lover. He grabs onto me and says, "I love you so much, Mommy"...awwww. Last night we had Gramma Leslie and Grampa Pete over for dinner and he was talking all about how he loves them and how they love him. This is a good thing for children to know :>

I've found a new cleaning person. Mary stood me up a few weeks ago and never returned my calls. I have no idea what happened to her...it's the weirdest thing...and totally doesn't seem like her style. So I got a recommendation from a friend and our new person is coming over on the 23rd. She seems really nice...and she charges the same rate and can accomodate the 3 hours every other week that we had before...just a bit later in the morning, which is fine for us too. It's been really hard to keep up with the house the past few weeks. I don't have any idea what I used to do when we didn't have someone come clean....oh yeah, our bathrooms probably went a month between cleanings! Yuck.

My toe is still gimpy. I wore shoes to work today and that was a bad idea. I think I pretty much went backwards in my recovery. This morning I was hoping to bike tonight and that did not happen. Sandals tomorrow for sure...I will just wrap up my gruesome wound so noone can see it.

In closing, I was proofing this, and came across something that must have been inserted into my blog when I took a break to go upstairs and take out my contacts...

"Andy is wicked sexy, but you already knew that, didn't you?" Um. Yes.

1 comment:

Louvuhl M said...

Thank you for the fun blog and the great pictures. Ethan looks so grown up and the little ones are absolutely adorable. Missing all.