Thursday, June 11, 2009

No title...my toe hurts

Couple tidbits, no rhyme or reason. I took a spill on the driveway as I was loading up the babies for their ped appt this morning (don't worry, I wasn't carrying anyone)...I was wearing flip-flops and tripped on a part of our driveway that isn't flush with the grass and now I'm missing part of the top of my big toe (just skin, but it's REALLY deep!)....anyways, my point is, now I'm feeling a little woozy, and can't think very clearly...need to write a few recent things down though.

6-month well-baby was today. Our Ped has twin boys himself, and they are a few months younger than ours...so we have a connection with him now. He's always been awesome, but I love him even more now. He gets it and praises us over and over on the job we're doing. Some days, you just need that. Anyways, D & O's percentiles were UNadjusted, meaning based on their birthdate, not due date. There was no reason to look at their preemie percentiles since they are so big. So, with that...the stats...

Dylan: 18lbs 15oz (75th...I'll say it again....UNADJUSTED); 26 1/2 inches (60th); head circumference (didn't get the stat, but same as Owen 75th...something like 17in)

Owen: 15lbs 11oz (20th...still maintaining that 3lb gap they've had for a few months now); 26 1/8 inches (45th); head circumference (75th)

They are doing great developmentally on everything, and they both charmed everyone with their giggles and smiles. We've been given the go-ahead for solids. I bought a few organic "Nature's Best" last night to have on hand because I haven't received my storage containers from One Step Ahead yet. I also ordered a cookbook. Dr Paul also took my email address so he could send me his recommendation for cookbooks recommended to him by a friend...he couldn't remember the name. I'm so excited to do this...I figure we can dedicate a day or two a month and just boil/bake/puree/blend and freeze. I ordered 3 dozen 2oz containers, and Dr Paul said his friend used freeze-safe plastic bags too.

I also was reminded that Ethan needs to go to the dentist before he's 3. Dr Paul gave us a recommendation for a pediatric dentistry practice in our area so we'll be scheduling that soon. And Ethan's due back at the opthomotrist in July too....SO many appts!! Just wait until they start sports/music/whatevs and we have to start shuttling them to those too! :>

We've been starting potty-training lately with Ethan. Actually, Gramma has been doing most of it since she is here...thanks, Gramma! Ethan has had a potty for awhile in our bathroom and we just bought another one to have in our living room. He also has some Cars pull-ups, and I recently bought him some underwear as an incentive too. The other day he had a playdate with his twin buddies and they are both now potty-trained. I don't know if that was the switch or what, but he's been peeing in the potty for a couple days now with very few accidents...even waking up dry from naps. He tends to be wet in the morning, and hasn't done the #2 in the potty yet, but definitely knows when that's happening. We've been using the treat method, although last night at Target I looked for a healthier alternative to Swedish Fish! Chocolate covered raisins are what I came up with. It works for me, and works for him!

Well, exploding vocabulary is mostly good, but when coupled with a unique imagination, or maybe just toddler creativity, is sometimes shocking and embarassing...behold the latest Ethanisms...

Grabbing his butt-cheek after bathtime..."I'm grabbing my back boobies"

Tooting with his diaper off..."I burped in my pants"

Liz: Stop digging in your butt (during a potty-training encounter)
Ethan: There's a wood chip in it!

Sitting on the potty...
Ethan: Can I have a Swedish Fish?
Liz: No because you didn't go to the bathroom yet
Ethan: I have a Swedish Fish and then I will poop. I will. I will.

It still surprises me how much he picks up from us when we don't think he's listening...He was in the bathroom with me the other day and said to himself...
"I just need to stand on my stool and wash my hands and then I will brush me teeth with water...that sounds like a good plan"...."That sounds like a good plan" is totally something that I say.

I would need to walk around constantly with a piece of paper and pen to document all the funnies this little dude comes up with.

Life is good. And funny.

Now off to medicate due to my toe injury.

1 comment:

Michelle Leigh said...

That's funny. I say the same thing and Annika copies me. Same with "my guess is...". She says that too. It's so funny cause it's in context too! Glad to hear the boys are doing great! I brought the girls to the dentist about 4 months ago. Bianca did great, Annika did terrible! The younger the better!