Monday, April 6, 2009

Not talking about Court yet...

Today was Court sentencing for Crazy. I don't think I'm going to write about it yet. I will say that it went "well"...and I think our family will be able to move on, and get some closure, at last.

*****

Dylan and Owen started rice cereal last night. They just have it at bedtime so far, and then they have a bottle to follow. Surprisingly, Owen is much better at eating off a spoon and much more excited about the mushy stuff in general.

Have I ever mentioned that I married an amazing man?!


Where was I, you ask? I was tending to the tremendous two-terror that was Ethan last night. At one point, we considered putting him in the garage...just kidding. This morning, he was back to his charming self...telling me before I left for work, "I love you very much, Gummy"...Gummy is his name for me sometimes...it cracks me up. I have no idea where he got it from. Sometimes, it's Guppy. Don't ask me!

*****

Another new development with Dylan and Owen is that they've started sleeping apart. We got a second crib (Thanks Mom and Dad!) and barely squeezed it into their room (we will switch the kids around soon!). They slept from 7 to 7 last night, and even napped in their cribs this morning (way to go, Gamma!) They really just didn't even fit in one crib together anymore...so I'm glad that they seem to be ok with being apart...with twins, I just didn't know!

I just realized as I put Dylan back to bed (he was up after 15 minutes, screaming bloody murder...my theory is that he is teething and so I gave him a bit of Tylenol, let him chill in the swing for a bit, and then put him back in his crib when he was yawning), that I put D in bed tonight the horizontal way...and I was just about to do it again as I put him back to bed. Old habits die hard.

*****

Poop talk straight ahead. I don't know what to do about these babies. I bathed them yesterday. Then they pooped all day today. So I bathed them again tonight. Liz got at least 3 blowouts, Gamma got a lot too, and I got one from D upon my return from Court. What a mess! Andy came home from work and said, "Does our house stink?"...yep, probably. I emptied the diaper genie again (just emptied it last night), but then realized I had a basket of dirty laundry on the table that was filled with poopy clothes...doesn't take a detective. Again, thank goodness for the prewash cycle!!

*****

Andy is teaching Ethan to say funny stuff....for example, tonight he taught Ethan to say "Stop looking at me, Swan"...

And just a few minutes ago, he had Ethan repeating after him as he sung "We're going to win Twins"! Season Opener tonight, baby! Bring on the nights of cross-stitching during baseball...my favorite way to relax! Ok, maybe add in a glass of wine.


My boys are cute...

Playing Superman!

And trading Twins hats!


**Jen Sand, if you are reading this, Happy Birthday! I didn't forget...just had a lot of stuff going on...Love ya!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Ok, so I totally forgot to tell you this, and Skipp didn't believe me when I said it. Ethan and I were reading a book and it had a swan in it and he busted that out, I was like where did he get that from!!! It was hilarious:)

Burgh Baby said...

So glad the drama is over and you can start to move on. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm looks just like cum ,love to give them some fresh from the source