Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Apr 1

Two years ago, April 1st was a Sunday. We spent the morning making chili, one of Andy's friends stopped by...then we called the Clinic again. We went to the ER, just in case. They diagnosed Ethan with gastroenteritis and admitted him so he could get an IV to get hydrated. They put a little cast thing on his arm so he wouldn't pull out the IV. I had to leave the room when they did it. I wasn't very tough back then.

We were up on the 4th floor. Andy's parents came by. His dad had just returned from China. I stayed at the hospital that night, and didn't sleep a wink. I opted to keep Ethan in the hospital bed with me instead of the cold-looking metal hospital crib. He only woke once, and fell back asleep when I put on a Baby Einstein video. I hate Baby Mozart. I haven't watched it since the following weekend at Children's Hospital.

Every seen the movie Paycheck with Ben Affleck? I'm really wishing that kind of technology existed today. Just zap out some memories here and there. Perfect.

2 comments:

LL said...

Oh Hilary, I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that time. It's odd, I had a mini breakdown about our DCFS drama about two days ago- I clicked on an old post and it kicked off all these memories and next thing I knew I had tears streaming down my face and was fighting to get out of the memories of it. I have wished SO many times that we could just eliminate any memory of that time. I think the idea that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger is crap. That experience didn't make me stronger, it just makes me sad.

On a much brighter note, I love your new banner and your boys are so beautiful and healthy and perfect and utterly unaffected by what happened two years ago. Knowing that helps me a lot.

Louvuhl M said...

Sweetheart, you are SO on my mind (more than usual!) this week. I wish I could be 'up north' in person to support you but please know I'm just a call or email away. D and I are here for you, Andy and the children. Love you, M