Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The March weigh-in

March RSV Synagis shot was today...I was eagerly anticipating the weigh-in.

Dylan: 15lbs 4oz
Owen: 12lbs 6oz

Whoa, baby! I guessed D would be close to 16lbs and Owen would still trail by about 3lbs. They are still maintaining that 3lbs variance...it's all in D's cheeks, I swear (the ones on his face!!). The last time they weighed in, last month, they were 13lbs 10oz and 10lbs 10oz.

I sounded like a cheap-ass when I questioned the nurse whether we needed to have next month's shot or not. Insurance is a necessary evil. I spent an hour on the phone (for the 20th time) last night trying to get my fetal fibronectin tests from September, October, & November paid by Medica so the lab wouldn't go to collections with my unpaid bills. So I've met my limit when Walgreens/OptionCare has been causing me a ton of angst about the RSV shots. Noone in Billing has been able to figure out why my December shots for Owen were $150, but the Jan are $400...and no, it's not my deductible. I'm in healthcare, people, I get this shit (I'm a little wound up about this!). And Dylan, his account is overdue, but I didn't even receive a BILL until just last week!! Someone tell me how I can be delinquent on my bill when I have never received one. So, I try to keep my wits about me and call to talk to someone who also has no idea what's going on and sends it to HQ and then doesn't call me back for 3 weeks...at least that's the way this went last month. The same amount was submitted to my insurance for Dylan and Owen, but different amounts were billed to me for each of them, and the same amounts of medication were given to each of them....this same specialty provider caused me trouble when Ethan received RSV shots...I should have expected as much. And that's why...if you are going to receive specialty medication...use CuraScript through Express Scripts...holla!

Next week on the 8th they go in for their 4-month well-baby check. 4 months already!! Time to be sleeping through the night consistently, I say. Two nights ago they rocked my world by sleeping from 7 to 6:30. Last night, all 3 boys were up.

Andy and I decided that with our return to the fast-flow nipples this past weekend we needed to keep the boys upright during feedings, so "double-feeds" aren't all that practical and we should just both get up if they wake up to feed during the night. So, last night I was up at 10:30pm (well, not up, I hadn't gone to bed yet) with Owen and just rocked him for a bit until he settled down. Then we were both up at 3:30am to feed D & O. While I was feeding Owen, I heard Ethan start to yell "Mommmm-mmmaaaayyyy! The good thing is, the fast-flow nipples cut the feeding times by a third...it takes about 10 minutes. They haven't quite adjusted to this yet...when they are done with bottles they FREAK OUT!!! It's like when you eat too fast and you aren't full until a couple minutes later when you are really uncomfortably full. They seem to be like, "Hey wait, where's the rest of it?!"

They've traded roles. I used to prefer feeding Dylan because he would take a whole bottle no problem and didn't really make you work for it. Now I prefer to feed Owen because he paces himself. Dylan is the big eater and sucks really hard so the fast-flow nipples are a total disaster with him....formula all. over. the. place. And he spits up often, because he eats so fast. But Owen, he just takes a break when he needs to, like he always has.

Anyways, after I was done feeding Owen, I spent a few minutes making sure it all made it's way into his belly, laid him back down, and made my way into Ethan's room where he emphatically declared, "It's wake time!!" Wrong. We sat together for awhile and then he went back to bed. He insisted on having his door open so I closed the gate to the top of the stairs. Five minutes later he was demanding that the gate be opened, so daddy went in his room and laid down the law.

Nothing's consistent around here. One night we sleep like rockstars and tell everyone we know how awesome sleep is (I told everyone I could find at work on Monday)...the next night we are cursing their infancy and wishing for their teenage years when we struggle to wake them up before noon! We had a smooth bedtime tonight...here's hoping we don't see them until at least 6am!!

Andy is out to IKEA tonight to pick up our second crib. At 15lbs 4oz and 12lbs 6oz, these boys are filling up one crib together!! They are tall kids too!! So, somehow we're going to try to fit a second crib into the tiniest room in our house. Ethan still refuses to switch rooms with them despite promises of blue (black and brown too, if he really wants it!) walls and a $200 Lightning McQueen bed...seriously, I'll do it...I need the extra space that he has in his room.

*****

I spent some time this evening revising my victim statement. After talking with Andy last night, I discovered that my opportunity to speak on Monday is not my opportunity to rampage on Crazy...bummer. So, I turned my "you"s into "she"s and "her"s and it seems to flow better. It's supposed to be an address to the courtroom as to how this affected me/us, versus an address to this biatch who almost ruined my life. I would rather pull each and every hair out of my head than go to court on Monday and read this statement. That being said, I think it would be a minor miracle if the Judge could listen to my statement and my father-in-law's and Andy's (which I haven't read as he's not sure if he's going to write it or wing it) and not sentence this waste-of-space to jail time. So, it needs to be done and I'll buck up.

1 comment:

moo said...

You can tell that Ethan and Owen are brothers ... but where did that adorable bhubby cheeked Dylan come from, hmm? lol!

GL on Monday ... I'll be thinking about you!