Monday, March 9, 2009

Mar 9

I became an auntie today. Congrats, Emma and Josh! And welcome, Linnea Rose!!

Ethan is being his funny little self as usual...cracking us up and driving us crazy simultaneously.

He announces his waking each morning with shouting "I have too many softy blankets!!" at the top of his lungs (I think he means "so many" not "too many" as he also says this about his cars, but strongly opposes my taking any of them away). Every so often, he will throw in a "OPEN DOOR, MOM-MAAAAY!"

He is really in to telling secrets...sometimes this is how I trick him in to being quiet while I'm putting babies to sleep....Like "talk quietly like you are telling a secret"...which typically lasts for one or two words of what he is saying before the volume increases dramatically. Shhh...don't tell him I told you the secret....it's "soccer"....I know, it's very scandalous...make sure not to tell a soul.

Ethan was playing Superman with Daddy last night and he came running over to me to tell me "daddy has fur" on his arms...I still can't type/say that without laughing.

A month or so ago, I taught Ethan to say "That's refreshing" after taking a sip of a beverage. Now I think he takes sips out of my water glass just to say that to me...he is so proud of himself when he says it too...."Ahhhh, refreshing" he says. I admit, sometimes I teach him to say things because it amuses me. If you have a toddler, you know you do it too. Everything is cuter and funnier in those little voices.

No comments: