Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lots of pictures...


Owen: "All this head-shaving is so exhausting"


3-month old Dylan: "I have cheeks just like my older brother had"...see below

3-month old Ethan



Dylan is totally amused by the Rainforest bouncy chair


Every kid should have a bean table...hours and hours of fun for them...and vacuuming for you


Every kid should also have a Learning Tower and car basket...seriously...they rock.

Owen fell victim to the electric razor...he is bald. I wasn't a fan of Andy shaving baby Ethan at first, but after viewing the results, I realized it had to be done. So when I finally admitted the ridiculousness of Owen's do, I participated in his shaving...I made faces to distract him and held his head in place when Andy shaved the nape of his neck. Ethan watched nearby and I joked, "You're next!"...I don't believe I helped his fear of home haircuts...have you seen the results of Andy's latest attempt at cutting E's hair?! There are signs of a struggle.

Ethan summed up Minnesota with astonishing insight the other day when he looked out our patio door and said, "I see winter...and more winter...and more winter..."

The following exchange happened one evening between me and Ethan which reminded me of the scene in When Harry Met Sally when Meg Ryan says, "And I'm going to be 40!" and Billy Crystal asks, "When?" and she replies "SOMEDAY!"...I don't know, it just made me laugh...We were in the babies' room and Ethan said, "They will take baths" and I said, "Not right now"...and he looked at me and with toddler authority said, "BUT SOMETIME!!"

Ethan is very into family hugs. We always have a family hug when daddy gets home from work. I am usually at the sink washing dishes and Ethan is at the window watching for Andy. When Andy comes in he scoops up Ethan and comes over to me to give me a kiss. Ethan grabs around our necks and pulls us all together for a family hug. If this weren't to happen one day, I think it would throw off his entire evening...maybe mine too!

We've been quite musical lately and have each had songs stuck in our heads this week. Mine has been "Rock me, sexy Jesus" from Hamlet 2...it's catchy. Andy's has been the Filet o Fish commercial from McD's. Tonight he pulled it up on YouTube and watched it with Ethan. Now Ethan has been singing "Give me back that Filet o Fish, give me that fish"...and demanding we sing it too. It's probably better he sing that than "Rock me, sexy Jesus" though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow - I've had that stupid Filet o Fish song stuck in my head ALL day. It's horrible, but I am happy to hear I'm not alone in this.

Also, your boys are so so so adorable. Oh my goodness.

Louvuhl M said...

Love the pictures and the funny news updates. I can't think how the Filet o Fish song goes. Maybe just as well? L, M :>

Michelle Leigh said...

My kids would love a bean table, maybe in a few years when Bennett isn't eating EVERYTHING! I would like a water table for the summer though! Can anyone say birthday present? The boys are getting so big! Sounds like an adventure around your house!

Anonymous said...

How Bout the McDLT song...

2 all beef patties,
special sauce,
lettuce
cheese,
on a sesame seed bun

Anonymous said...

Oh my I have had that song stuck in my head for days. . . IT WON'T GO AWAY :(