Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's going by too fast...


One day they will turn and look at each other and say, "Hi!...how long have you been there?" (Owen L, Dylan R)


Twice today I said that I thought Owen was starting to look a little like me...until I saw these pictures and realized how absolutely wrong I am...he looks just like Ethan, who looks just like his daddy. (Owen L, Dylan R...at the MOA with Gamma, Liz and Ethan)

A few nights ago I made some dinner. Many times I'm not actually making it, rather defrosting and heating it....thanks to my Mom who stocked us up with homemade meals, and a friendly co-worker who gave us an incredibly generous gift card to Let's Dish. It was nothing fancy, just some chicken, rice medley, salad. What makes it blogworthy is that Ethan ate all the chicken...and before the rice. Whoa. Not sure what I did to deserve such a compliment...he loved this meal and told me so! Ethan is all about his starches and carbs...rice, bread, potatoes...and much to his father's dismay, shuns meat. But...chicken...it appears I now have a chance with chicken. Articles on picky toddler eating will tell you to introduce a food at least a dozen times before counting it out. I say, keep trying...a year and a half later, he might just eat it and love it!

Andy was walking outside a few nights ago with Ethan and they passed Maddie's new house. He saw her sitting in their window and said, "There's Maddie. She's my puppy. She lives under my couch."

Last night, Andy and Ethan went over to Paul's and Ethan wrestled with Maddie and her new sister, Lucy, a dachshund, for quite awhile. On their way, they were waved over by our neighbor and went inside to visit. Her little girl who is 4 came upstairs from her room to see if Ethan could come play and then she took his hand and led him off to her room and they played Barbies. He didn't want to leave when it was time to go home to bed. I thought it was adorable, but I'm not sure Andy was as pleased.

We went way backwards with sleep last night. Ethan was out later than usual (see above) and probably didn't actually fall asleep until 9pm. The babies were up at midnight, Ethan was up at 2, the babies were up at 3, Ethan was up at 6:30. Yuck. It was fitful sleep for all of us. What is the deal?!

Ethan is 2 1/2 on Saturday. I can't handle it. I mean, I can...but when I look at him I still see my tiny little 32-week preemie and wonder where all the time went...he is such an amazing person...so smart, so strong, so loving...and he is such a boy, no longer a baby...it just went by so fast!

Here is Ethan and his friend, Liz, at the MOA....his first ride!

2 comments:

moo said...

those boys! so gorgeous!

and how in the heck are they THREE months old already?! That doesn't seem possible~!

I'm finally all caught up with you ... I'm so sorry that you had to go back to work (but I TOTALLY understand!) and that you are missing your sweethearts. Many hugs mama!

Louvuhl M said...

I'm loving all of the pictures and I'm TOTALLY in love (of course!)with my 3 dear grandsons! I want to reach into this blog and give them big hugs. Guess I better look into another flight to MN soon since a computer hug feature hasn't been invented yet! :> What a fun MOA day it must have been for Leslie, Liz and the kids! L, M