Sunday, March 1, 2009

Back to makeup, real clothes and drying my hair.

Owen and Dylan had their monthly RSV shot yesterday. I was excited for the weigh-in. Last month (Jan 29) they were 8lbs 10oz and 10lbs 8oz...then 9lbs 8oz and 11lbs 7oz at their 2-month well-baby (Feb 11) and D was 13lbs 6oz last week when I took him to the ped (Feb 23)...Yesterday they were 10lbs 10oz (Owen) and 13lbs 10oz (Dylan)! D has 3lbs on his older bro (by a minute!). The nurse said both of their growth rates were great...Dylan is just progressing like a term baby, not a preemie...guess someone forgot to tell him he was over 5 weeks early! Owen is progressing more like the typical preemie, but is still right on track. They were meeting all the developmental checkpoints too.

I can' t believe how much fun they have become in the last week...still lots of hard work, but fun too! Smiling and cooing...and pushing up with their legs and arms. They are like real interactive people now, instead of just sacks of potatoes!

I'm heading back to work tomorrow. I still don't want to talk about it. Three kids need two paychecks. I will really miss my boys...I will really miss my time with Ethan. I've been around the house...working/bed-rest/maternity leave...for over 5 months now. I've been talking to him about how on Monday I will go to work like daddy. He seems to understand by saying I will go in my car and affirming that he will miss me when I ask. I am thankful to have a great job that I like, especially during this economic downturn...but I'm doubtful I get through tomorrow without crying. Back to reality.

And my mommy leaves today too...boo.

No comments: