Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"31" week picture and updates...

31.5 weeks in this picture taken a couple days ago...could be the angle, or the lack of zoom, but it doesn't look as big as some of the recent weeks' pictures...




















Had my 32-week shot today. Holy crap, the boys are 32 weeks tomorrow!! Ethan was born at 32w 1d. I can't believe that it is likely that I will make it longer with twins than with my first baby. Although, I would have gone into Labor and Delivery last night, but noone answered the after-hours line at my clinic when I called around 10pm. I was having some nasty contractions close together last night. The terbutaline was NOT helping at all. I finally just went to bed and hoped for the best. I woke up around 2am and took some more pills...then fell back asleep until 6am. That's the longest stretch of sleep that I've had in the middle of the night for awhile now. Usually, once I wake up once, I'm up every hour until the rest of the house wakes up. I've been feeling fine today...just a couple contractions that have been isolated. Jen told me to go in if it happens again tonight...and that in instances like last night I should just go in to L&D and call them on my way letting them know I can't get ahold of my clinic. I really just need to come to grips that anytime I call the clinic with questions they are going to tell me to go in...with my history, noone is going to tell me to just chill out and put my worries aside...so it makes sense that I should just go to L&D and keep trying to call them on the way.

Tomorrow morning is my weekly doctor's appointment again...already! The weeks are going by pretty fast...each day, not so much, but the weeks...they go by fast. I'm interested to see if the contractions have been doing anything or if they are indeed "fake"...they don't feel fake! In the afternoon, one of my co-workers is coming over with her baby boy (born mid August) to drop off bins of clothes for us. She had twin boys first (a month younger than Ethan), and her singleton second. It will be nice to get lots of 0-3m clothes for the boys...we pretty much just kept Ethan in onesies and blankets when he was first home and through the winter because we really didn't go anywhere....but it will be nice to have lots of stuff so I don't have to stress about keeping up with laundry.

Friday morning is the second biophysical ultrasound. I'm so excited to see the boys again and to get an estimate on what their weights are. Our last ultrasound was about 3 weeks ago, so I'm guessing them to be close to 4lbs each, maybe more. Three weeks ago they were estimated to be 3lbs 3oz (B) and 2lbs 13oz (A)...

In other news...

We were turning a corner with Ethan at bedtime recently. The last few nights, Andy has come down from his room and said "He's an angel"...he's no longer taking a bottle of milk at night, just decided one night that he didn't want it. So Daddy and Ethan read books together, brush teeth and then turn on the turtle night-light to blue together (it projects stars on the ceiling/walls)...then he gets tucked in while they say "Night-night" and "I love you"...Andy leaves the room without any protesting by Ethan. It's only been a couple of nights that this has been going on, and last night was a total snafu so hopefully we're not going backwards.

Ethan went to Toddler Tuesdays at the MOA with Gamma yesterday for the premier of the movie Wall-E. He sat in his very own movie chair with apple juice and popcorn and watched 90 minutes of the movie!! He came home with a poster which we hung in his room last night...he's very excited about Wall-E and his girlfriend Eve.

Ethan's had a cold, but has been a pretty good sport about it...not too fussy, but really cuddly!! He needs constant hugs and kisses...tough job for us! I wish this phase could last forever, without the cold. One thing that's bad about the cold is that he hates to have his nose wiped...like all kids probably...he thinks it's really funny to sniff in...he's a snot sucker...it's gross. So he's sniffs in and then laughs, blowing snot back out. Obvs, it's super gross, but it's a good strategy to get him with the kleenex since I can't get him to blow his nose...when I say "blow out"...he blows air out of his mouth like he's trying to whistle. Maybe I need to be more specific.

1 comment:

Burgh Baby said...

I'm SO impressed that you've made it this far! Just keep cooking those boys a few more week. :-)