Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ethan speaks and speaks and speaks....

Ethan has been saying so many things lately...this list doesn't even capture 1/10th of them...

He's really into saying who he loves and who loves him..."Ethan loves so and so"..."So and so loves Ethan"...with emphasis on the "loves"...He's now saying "Everybody loves Ethan" and "Ethan loves Ethan"...

Gramma Nanna and Grampa Dode sent him a fitted Cars sheet and Cars pillow case. He is so excited about it and when it was put on his bed this morning, he saw it and said "Ooooooo!"...and later he said "I love it!" He is excited to have his own pillow too...when he has his morning milk with us in our bed, he loves to snuggle into "Mommy and daddy's pillows and covers"...now he has his own pillow and thinks it's great. When I asked him who was on his sheets he said "Mater and Queen" (Lightnight McQueen)..."Another Mater and Queen...Another Mater and Queen"...the pattern repeats itself on the sheet so there are lots of Maters and Queens.''

He repeats almost everything we say and is so proud of himself. I laugh until I tear up a lot. Some favorites from this weekend... "Whatcha doin' daddy?" and "That's alright"

He is also getting good at telling stories or recounting what happened that day or the day before. I am amazed at his memory. He was telling Gamma about visiting Mommy in the hospital and then said "Mommy loves Ethan"...too cute.

There are full sentences too. We were watching Mr Rogers on Sunday morning and he kept saying "At the mall...at the mall" when they were at a store. Then he said, very deliberately...."They. are. at the mall"...that's a full and proper sentence! Hurray!

But one of my favorite things is when he wants to snuggle up with us and says "Oh, mommy...oh, daddy"...I've got to catch these things on video...writing them can't even begin to show the cuteness around here.

3 comments:

Louvuhl M said...

This is such a sweet note. I'm delighted that E likes the sheet and pillowcase. I'd love to hear his dear voice when he speaks his words (and sentences!). We'll have to try out Skype soon!!!! Love to you all. M

Anonymous said...

oh Hil I didn't think that kid could get any CUTER. . but it's happened :) I can't wait to see him, I think it's so cool he's starting to actually put sentences together! Hope things are well with you guys.

the old man down the road said...

At Target with Daddy and Grampa P, "Grampa, I have two Elmo tooth brushes."

I split toothbrushes into tooth brushes so I could say he got a seven word complete sentence.