Sunday, December 28, 2008

Been busy...

Owen is home...expect my next post to be in 2010. Just kidding...or not.

Owen came home on the 26th, around 5pm. We originally went to pick him up at noon after a call from the hospital, but there was some dumb miscommunication about the timing of his echo and we had to leave without him yet again. But we had him home by that evening. Things have been pretty nuts so far...but the boys eat on pretty regular 3-hour schedules...Andy goes back to work tomorrow so I'm on my own tonight (probably...I am hoping not to wake up my mom for help!)...but the past two nights have been manageable with the two of us feeding them at the same time.

My dad drove back to KY on Saturday morning...my mom is staying here for awhile to help out which is absolutely awesome! Gamma Leslie will come back tomorrow to take care of Ethan so his schedule will not change much due to the twins coming home. This past week has been really crazy for him....lots going on! I am overwhelmed so I can't imagine what it is like for him. Getting back into his regular routine will hopefully help solve some tantrum-throwing and naptime/bedtime issues.

Add to the chaos our visiting puppy who has been with us since last Monday while her foster-parents vacation over the Holidays. Originally, she was to go back to their house this past Friday. But then Andy got a call that they were extending their stay to Saturday or Sunday...and today, a text that they really meant NEXT Sunday. I'm not sure where the communication failure occurred...if the original Friday was really next Friday from the beginning or if they just randomly decided to extend their stay a week, but I am displeased regardless. This dog has been a serious pain in my ass since the day she came into our house and I really don't need one more stress in my life, but here she is. Noone appears to give a shit that I don't want her around. Next week is a short work week for Andy due to the New Year so it's really only Monday through Wednesday that my mom and I will have to deal with her during the day...I'm assured that my mom will keep me from displaying her head on a post in the front yard.

I'm not sure that it's sunk in yet that I have three children in my house and they all belong to us...but it's great! Challenging, but great. I keep running this saying my mom told me through my head..."Every day is one day less"...so when things get tough, I'll just think of that...these days will be gone before we know it, and I'll miss them.

4 comments:

the old man down the road said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the old man down the road said...

I definitely give a shit Hilly, but I also don't need a dog right now either!

Carol-Sutarooni said...

I want to see those babies!

Laurel and I thought about driving by and honking. Then you could hold them up to the window!

When you are ready, please let me know!

Burgh Baby said...

Happy New Year, Hilary! I'm glad you'll be ringing in the new year with all your boys around you.