Monday, December 1, 2008

Best tree ever...

Like I wrote yesterday, Ethan was SO excited about the Christmas tree. Ethan spent most of the day yesterday playing over at Gamma and Gampa's house, but while he was gone, Andy put up the lights on the tree. I didn't turn them on until Ethan got home because I wanted to see his reaction to the lights coming on. Andy got a remote for the lights so that you don't need to shimmy under the tree to plug in the lights...you can just press the "on" button. So, I showed Ethan where to press and he turned on the lights. Biggest smile ever!

I didn't do any decorating when he was gone either...I was kinda curious to see if he'd be into it and want to participate. After dinner last night, we gave it a try and he was SO helpful! I opened the box of ornaments and he picked them out and handed them to me to put on the tree...telling me what each one was...the funniest was a plain red bulb that he called an apple. We have lots of santas and snowmen on our tree...they were his favorite. He tried to put some on the tree himself which he was very excited about...a stuffed Elmo that I got from my mom when I was in college...a pooh and piglet ornament from his first Christmas...an apple (not the red bulb mentioned above, an actual apple ornament)...a pig...a puppy with Santa hat...we have a fun tree this year. The problem is, I had to cut him off after a while...we have TOO many ornaments (he was not pleased and called for "more decorations, more decorations!")...I would say that we probably don't even have half of the ornaments on the tree...maybe next year we'll do two trees...a fun one and a "pretty" one with all the fancy bulbs. But, next year we'll have two crawlers/possible-walkers by this time so who knows what our tree-situation will be...maybe we'll only have half the room we have even this year as we decorate the tree only above the two feet mark!!

Anyways, decorating the tree last night with Ethan trumped even my fondest memories of decorating Christmas trees...those which included a lit fireplace, Christmas music, and fancy wine...a tough combo to beat, but we had a great time last night...and please, no more ornaments!!

**
It's Dec 1 and I'm pregnant...and in awe of it.

3 comments:

Louvuhl M said...

What a sweet entry. :> I'd love to have seen Ethan's face when the Christmas tree lit up! Memories...memories....NO more ornaments?!?

the old man down the road said...

Late Sunday afternoon when Gamma, Ethan, and I were driving to Mommy's House/Daddy's House/Mommy's House he was amazingly excited at decorated houses on the way - we even went past Mommy/Daddy/Mommy's to the end of the block so we could see all the neighbors.

I predict quite few early evening trips around the neighborhoods as all this gets more exciting!

Burgh Baby said...

As you well know, I'm a total freak for Christmas decorations on my own, but having Alexis help me this year? Has made it all even better. Glad Ethan has been so into it!