Wednesday, January 14, 2009

5 week update

Because I'm tired, let's start with some Ethan funnies...

"Bye bye, dirty water!"...the end to any productive bathtub

H: "Where is the tonka truck going?" E: "To Northfield"...if you ask where anything/anyone is going now, they are going to Northfield (we went to Northfield last Sunday for Emily's 2nd birthday)

"Let's drink it and see what happens"...he said this to daddy the other day as daddy brought him a bottle of milk when he woke up...he was very serious about it...Daddy thinks that he might have said this exact same thing a few times in college

He's also been into rolling his "R"s...this one is hard to demonstrate via writing, but try saying "I want to brrrrring my cars upstairs" while rolling your tongue on the "r" in "bring"...it's hilarious. I've started doing it myself just for fun.

*******

Last night was a rough one. That's all I'll say. I didn't drink coffee today. In retrospect, I don't know what I was thinking. But despite the bumpy night, I get the chance to take Ethan to school (his ECFE class) while I'm on leave so I went, and was actually able to participate in reasonable conversation with adults on approximately one hour of sleep and no caffeine to fuel me. I decided not to drink caffeine today because last night I had some "you're going to get a migraine" warnings from my body and then got completely paranoid that the reason I was having those symptoms was because that day I had only had one cup of coffee versus four and I was in withdrawal. Who knows. I think I'll try to scale back on the beans.

I think I might have S.A.D....it is frigid cold (like coldest EVER!!) here in MN and it starts getting dark at like 4pm. But we have some things coming up to look forward that will hopefully make the rest of January pass by quickly. We'll have a dinner out with Cec and Chris, a Wolves game, a Happy Hour with old coworkers, and I'm co-planning a baby shower.

*******

I think I now need to resort to bullet-points as my brain is no longer functioning in paragraph-formation.

- In case anyone cares, in the middle of the night while feeding my babies, I "day"dream about vacationing with my husband somewhere far away and staying up as late as we want because the morning holds no repercussions...we can sleep all day.

-Owen has baby acne/pimples all over his T-zone. It's sad...it looks painful. I want to pop them, but I don't. I googled and Dr Google told me not to, but I resist the urge all day.

-Ethan ate chicken tonight (Smothered Chicken over rice, Mom!). Without prodding and tears...Andy and I aren't sure what we did, but we would sure like to repeat whatever it was tomorrow night.

-It is the coldest it has even been this week and my husband didn't wear a jacket to work because he uses the skyway downtown. Let me ask you this...what happens if your car decides to stop running because it just wants to hide away like everything else in this weather...how do you explain to your wife that you lost your fingers and toes?

-Andy and Ethan went to visit Maddie tonight after dinner and just after they left, both babies woke up for a feeding. I tried to double-feed by propping them up in the boppy pillows and sticking bottles in their mouths and that was the most inefficient way of trying to save time/pacifiy babies that I have ever attempted...it was a disaster and I'm not sure how my husband manages to do it. I need a lesson from the expert.

-Among washing dishes, doing laundry, and "cooking"* dinner...I poured myself a glass of wine and took on the task of emptying 3 diaper genies with poop diapers and several garbages with pee diapers...I don't wish the task on my worst enemy and think it should only be done when you can stop in the kitchen and take a swig of wine between garbage pails.

-Our babies are due tomorrow. Time to take down that creepy ticker!! I can't believe it...they were 5 weeks old last Monday...I can't believe that they are only "official" in all of my stupid baby sleep and development books as of tomorrow. Have we accomplished nothing? I think Dylan and Owen would tell you otherwise. I'm sure they have already learned much from staring at my nose.





*Thawing aforementioned Smothered Chicken

1 comment:

Denise said...

Sounds like you're hanging in there...I had to laugh at your night time day dreaming about going on vacay and staying up all night. I think that is totally normal because I did the same thing. LOL!

I can't believe your boys are 5 weeks old already! CRAZY!