Friday, January 23, 2009

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Aunt Cec was over yesterday and Ethan told her, "My mommy's nice pretty girl"...I love him.

The other day I sneezed and Ethan said, "Bless you, mom"

Ethan will call me "Hilary" if he can't get my attention with a few "Mommy's"

*****

Ethan has a cold...he's all sorts of plegmy and is having productive sneezes....grody. He's always a pretty good sport when he's sick, but today he is super dramatic about everything and Gamma and I have been holding back some laughs...everything is a HUGE deal. I feel sad for him though...noone like to be sick.

All this hand-washing and he still gets sick...can't kill every germ. I'm happy that Dylan and Owen's next RSV shot is coming up though...next Thursday. An added bonus is getting the medication out of my fridge (it gets shipped way in advance and has to be refrigerated)! They will also be weighed on that day and we are so curious to see what our little boys weigh now...I am sure they are both gaining some good weight, but Owen looks so small in comparison to Dylan, who is just a solid chunk. I just need the confirmation that they are each gaining weight at the right rate.

*****

My mom and I laughed about this while she was in town because we caught ourselves doing it a lot...when you are doing something with one baby, it is natural to refer to the other baby as "the other one"...It's ok most of the time, but sounds kinda bad when you say something like "I'll change Owen, you get the other one"...ya know?!

*****
This was my 7th attempt at a cute bathtub picture...he finally gave in when I promised to stop following him around with the camera if he'd smile. Every mom needs some bathtub pictures for ammunition in high school...."Don't do drugs or I'll show your friends the bathtub picture!"...see, I'm prepared.


*****


This was my attempt at the 6-week picture.

Let me add some dialogue...

Owen: "Oh. My. Gawwwwwwd! Noone has touched me for two seconds....pay attention to me NOWWWWWWWW! I need a snuggle IMEEEEEDIATELY!"

Dylan: "When's the next bottle?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Hil sounds like your having a good time! They all get cuter everyday, I especially like the imitation of what they are saying in those photos!

jenny said...

i weighed tucker with a fish scale (him in a towel with the towel hung off the scale - hard to picture) because i was worried about him not gaining weight. haha!

hope ethan gets better soon! sick kids are no fun. i've got one of those right now too. the little guys look adorable - love the commentary on the photos. :)

Denise said...

OMG! I'm am dying laughing because Owen is Cooper & Dylan is Boston. Seriously, too funny!